* 003056-014 VGA card supported?
@ 1995-07-25 16:43 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-07-25 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been playing with the trial distribution floppies, trying to
get the system to boot on an old Dell 316SX, here at work. I can get
it as far as attempting to configure the VGA system, but of course the
default /lib/vgadb doesn't have an entry for my machine. I've tried
hacking vgadb and just adding in an entry for it as a straightforward
640x480, but it just hangs. Sigh. I've got the machine to the state
where it can boot up and give me a shell, but there's no access to
8½, etc.

So the question is, is there any way of getting it to support this card,
or do I just give up on this particular machine?

steve

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-07-25 16:43 UTC | newest]