* questions
@ 1995-07-31  5:26 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 1995-07-31  5:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

rob@plan9.att.com writes:

> Those of you who received the first distribution were asked to mail
> plan.9@research.att.com with questions.  We are turning off that
> mail alias; use this 9fans list as a first place for queries from now on.

Not to be rude, but I see nothing BUT questions here.
Will there eventually be answers?

Thanks.
Andy
--
 Andreas Meyer, N2FYE       Sustain.  Endure.  Evolve.
 ahm@goonsquad.spies.com    http://www.spies.com/~ahm/

* questions
@ 1995-08-01  6:23 Scott
From: Scott @ 1995-08-01  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas writes:
| Not to be rude, but I see nothing BUT questions here.
| Will there eventually be answers?

email.  Thanks to Jim and Dave for their help!

I was going to post a summary once things were stablized a bit, but
here's a quick rundown:

My ss2 didn't like the new scsi driver.  Replacing src/fs/ss/scsi.c
with the code from the first edition fixed the disk problems I was
seeing.

Also, the ss fs gets the clock wrong.  In toy.c, I fixed it by
incrementing rtc.year by 68 after reading the clock.  After doing that,
I noticed that the terminal version of the kernel fixes this problem
slightly differently, but I haven't tried making that change to the
fileserver yet.

On a (sparc, at least) auth server, boot dies if you tell it that its
ip address is 0.0.0.0; use the real ip number instead.

* questions
@ 1995-08-01  6:12 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1995-08-01  6:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

ot to be rude, but I see nothing BUT questions here.
    Will there eventually be answers?

why do you ask?