* No physical memory?
@ 1995-08-04 19:12 Brian
From: Brian @ 1995-08-04 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

|I was trying to install the pcdist onto my clone 386DX40
|(128k cache, 4MB RAM, WD Caviar IDE hard drive).
|             ^^^^^^^
|Everything looked fine until I got into installing the last
|three floppies, and then I get a message "No physical memory".

I think I read somewhere that the minimum for plan 9 on a pc is 8 megs. So
it just looks like you're out of memory. Buy some more, or better yet, see
if anyone will give you some or at least buy it used.  There are so many 30
pin 1 meg SIMMs without a home out there; hopefully you've got SIMMs.

* No physical memory?
@ 1995-08-05  2:22 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 1995-08-05  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

rob@plan9.att.com writes:

> As is clearly said early in the installation document, Plan 9 needs
> eight megabytes of RAM on a PC.

Oops. I must have glossed over that somehow...

Thanks.

* No physical memory?
@ 1995-08-04 19:19 rob
From: rob @ 1995-08-04 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

As is clearly said early in the installation document, Plan 9 needs
eight megabytes of RAM on a PC.  What the message means is
that you don't have enough memory in your machine.  I leave
it to you to find a way to correct the problem.

* No physical memory?
@ 1995-08-04 17:27 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 1995-08-04 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

I was trying to install the pcdist onto my clone 386DX40
(128k cache, 4MB RAM, WD Caviar IDE hard drive).

Everything looked fine until I got into installing the last
three floppies, and then I get a message "No physical memory".

I haven't seen any refs to this message anywhere.
Can someone tell me what it means, and how to correct for it?

Thanks,
Andy
--
 Andreas Meyer, N2FYE       Sustain.  Endure.  Evolve.
 ahm@goonsquad.spies.com    http://www.spies.com/~ahm/