* Serial port i/o, how?
@ 1995-08-04 19:22 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 1995-08-04 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

philw@plan9.att.com writes:

> >how do I access a serial port?
> con -r /dev/eia0

When I do this, it just hangs. I'm using a hardware setup (null modem
cable to another machine) which works in DOS.

In another window, 'cat /dev/eia0ctl' returns:
cts dsr ring dcd dtr rts

Is there anything else I need to send to the control port?

Andy

* Serial port i/o, how?
@ 1995-08-07 13:09 presotto
From: presotto @ 1995-08-07 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Read:

http://helix/magic/man2html/3/scc
http://helix/magic/man2html/1/con

You can set baud rates, etc., by echoing the right goo into
the ctl file.  For example:

	echo -n b19200 > /dev/eai0ctl

sets eia0 to 19200 baud.  Not all the controls are sticky in
the Unix sense so you should do this while you have the /dev/eia0
open.

@ 1995-08-06 20:54 philw
From: philw @ 1995-08-06 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

it is entirely possible we number the ports
in the opposite fashion to DOS. try eia1.

philw

* Serial port i/o, how?
@ 1995-08-04  0:07 philw
From: philw @ 1995-08-04  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

>This might be a rudimentary question, but
>how do I access a serial port?
>(for example, to use a window as a terminal)

con -r /dev/eia0

* Serial port i/o, how?
@ 1995-08-03 22:23 Andreas
From: Andreas @ 1995-08-03 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

This might be a rudimentary question, but
how do I access a serial port?
(for example, to use a window as a terminal)

Thanks,
Andy