* Plan 9 PC Distribution...
@ 1995-08-05 10:32 Kiran
From: Kiran @ 1995-08-05 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have this weird problem with the four diskette PC distribution. When I
run plan9\b after installing the three diskettes, it says:

'.bad magic 0xeb3e01eb not a plan 9 executable!'

It then told me that the available boot devices were e!0, hd!0 (my work
disk) and h!1 (the plan9 disk) and asked me which to boot from. Typing in
h!1 repeats the problem and obviously the other two are useless.

The entire installation procedure went across as smooth as silk -- disk1
booted and installed itself properly, the archives on the three other disks
were properly expanded onto my second hard disk, the installation procedure
said it was writing the kernel to the disk and then it told me to boot and
run plan9\b and...

If any of the disks didn't come across ok, how come it installs perfectly
and expands the archives with no problem?

The hardware is an Opti motherboard with a P54C 90MHz processor, 16 MB of
RAM, a Diamond Stealth 64 DRAM in a PCI slot. The hard disks are driven off
an IDE controller in a PCI slot (I'm not sure which). The first disk is a
Quantum Maverick 540A which has DOS 6.22 and OS/2 Warp co-existing on a FAT
partition and the second disk is a Maxtor 7120AT which I want to use
exclusively for Plan 9 -- it has no partitions.

What's going on??

BTW, cc your reply to kp@sasi.ernet.in -- sometimes I don't see mail which
is sent to the list.

Thanx,

Kiran

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-08-05 10:32 UTC | newest]