* emoticons
@ 1995-08-06  3:25 Arnold
From: Arnold @ 1995-08-06  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The utf paper says "why type :-) when you can use the character b\x18:?
> Under unix, sam supports <compose>:) to generate the happy face, but
> that Rune seems to be missing from /sys/src/9/port/latin1.c.  Should
> we add :), :( and ;) to the table?

Yeah, I asked bobf to include that in the Unix version of sam and he
did, I guess it didn't make it back into the master plan 9 version.

Arnold Robbins -- The Basement Computer		| Laundry increases
Internet: arnold@skeeve.ATL.GA.US		| exponentially in the
UUCP:	emory!skeeve!arnold			| number of children.
Bitnet:	Forget it. Get on a real network.	|    -- Miriam Robbins

* emoticons
@ 1995-08-07  9:02 Amos
From: Amos @ 1995-08-07  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

MAILER-DAEMON@ncrcae.columbiasc.NCR.COM writes:

> Your mail could not be delivered because of the following reason:

  (cruft deleted)
> smtpqer: Binary contents cannot be sent via SMTP

  (more cruft deleted)
> To:	9fans@cse.psu.edu
> Subject: emoticons
> Date:	Fri, 4 Aug 1995 16:29:27 -0400
> From:	Scott Schwartz <schwartz@galapagos.cse.psu.edu>

> The utf paper says "why type :-) when you can use the character b\x18:?".

Well, now we know why!...

	Amos Shapir		Net: amos@nsof.co.il
Paper: nSOF Parallel Software, Ltd.
       Givat-Hashlosha 48800, Israel
Tel: +972 3 9388551   Fax: +972 3 9388552        GEO: 34 55 15 E / 32 05 52 N

* emoticons
@ 1995-08-05 17:29 Scott
From: Scott @ 1995-08-05 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 1995-08-04 20:29 Scott