* UNIX auth servers
@ 1995-08-18 12:04 presotto
From: presotto @ 1995-08-18 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

It's easy enough to do.  However, you would have to use TCP or write an IL
protocol driver for Unix.  By default we use IL everywhere.  You'll also
have to change the kernel so that it does authentication when it uses TCP,
pretty small change.  Currently it doesn't.

* UNIX auth servers
@ 1995-08-18  8:15 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-08-18  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

This is probably a daft question, but is a UNIX-based auth server a feasible
proposition? Current hardware limitations here mean that I can swipe disk
space from our UNIX servers, to allow me to run a diskless Plan 9 terminal,
but I'm currently limited to just logging in as "none" all the time.

steve