* attaching the cdrom
@ 1995-08-19  3:13 Richard
From: Richard @ 1995-08-19  3:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Harcourt-Brace delivered today and I now have a cdrom sitting in my mitsumi
drive (on a Gateway).  I can't do the full cdrom install because I only have
about 250 MB available for plan9 (I know, there's a relatively cheap, and
certainly easy, fix to that).  So I thought I'd copy some of what I want off
the drive onto the hard disk.  That requires running 9660srv and doing a
bind and mount.  According to cdrom(3), the bind is  bind -a '#m' /dev
but typing that in produces the error message "unknown device in # filesystem".

A hint would be appreciated.

Richard

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-08-19  3:13 UTC | newest]