* announce(2)
@ 1995-08-21 12:36 presotto
From: presotto @ 1995-08-21 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

postman.ncube.com!dlc (Dan Clark) noticed that announcing with a system
name to UDP (or TCP) results in an error.  When announcing on tcp and
udp, use the sytem name '*' as in announce("udp!*!666, dir).

Other networks like datakit allow you to specify a system
name but not a port, ...

He also noticed that udp channels have no listen.  Part of this is because
UDP isn't really a connection oriented protocol.  However, given how we
handle it anyways, that's no excuse.  Listen would have worked.  We just
got lazy because we only use udp for a couple of things.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-08-21 12:36 UTC | newest]