* secure login without digital pathways box
@ 1995-08-26  3:49 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1995-08-26  3:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

    From:	forsyth@plan9.cs.york.ac.uk

    this is a little trickier with this release since the
    source for crypt has not been included for the usual
    batty munitions act reasons.  i used one i prepared earlier,
    but has anyone got a good plug compatible replacement that
    can be placed somewhere outside the USA?  it might be
    a nice touch to put it on whatever is kremvax these days.

i've got a des implementation that i wrote.  it's not quite plug in
as mine takes an 8 byte key, whereas plan 9 uses 7 (but it's not
hard to fix).  if someone wants it they can have it.

* secure login without digital pathways box
@ 1995-08-26  4:34 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1995-08-26  4:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

on further inspection is see that i've coded up encrypt/decrypt
and a 8 byte to 7 byte key conversion glue to work with my des.
i guess that must be pretty close to plug in.

* secure login without digital pathways box
@ 1995-08-18 11:26 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-08-18 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>plaintext-password authentication option for
>>those who does not have SecureNet keys or use
>>reasonable firewalls.

if, like us, you are unwilling to reduce the level of
security the system offers -- we've got lots of potential ethernet snoopers --
an alternative is to provide a version of `netkey' on your unix systems,
with which to calculate the response to a plan 9 challenge.

@ 1995-08-18  3:42 Vadim
From: Vadim @ 1995-08-18  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)