* internet access
@ 1995-08-29 10:06 Kiran
From: Kiran @ 1995-08-29 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

hi,

i've a problem with internet access from plan 9 -- our network's internet
gateway is configured as a firewall -- and a very strict one too. ftp is
not a problem because i can tell ftpfs to use a certain port and there's
a proxy server on the firewall to handle it. my problem is http -- mothra.
how do i get mothra to use a proxy server? i basically need to do something
like: http://<gateway>:80/http://plan9.att.com/plan9/mansearch.html.

any suggestions are very welcome -- this is the last bottleneck i'm facing.
also, if anyone knows about these unix firewalls, maybe he/she could suggest
something to do at that end...

btw, reply to the list,, i don't have usenet access and i can't see
comp.os.plan9 until the list is gatewayed to it.

thanx in advance,

--kiran

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-08-29 10:06 UTC | newest]