* Install Plan 9 on a NeXT
@ 1995-08-29 12:10 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1995-08-29 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just got my Plan 9 CD-ROM. I'd like to know how I can
install it on my NeXT Cube.

Thanks.

Ta-Wei "David" Li
Member, League for Programming Freedom
"Innovate, don't litigate."

* Install Plan 9 on a NeXT
@ 1995-09-01 17:50 Frank
From: Frank @ 1995-09-01 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

ffabbroc@skat.USc.EDU (Frank Fabbrocino) writes:

>Gee, just get Windoze95 instead---I hear it is really good! ;)

I apologize for this to everyone.  It's an inside joke between my friend
who wrote the original post and I.  I "replied via email to the author"
using nn but I didn't know that this would get distributed to EVERYONE!

Sorry again! :)

Later,
Frank

* Install Plan 9 on a NeXT
@ 1995-09-01  7:40 dhog
From: dhog @ 1995-09-01  7:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Gee, just get Windoze95 instead---I hear it is really good! ;)

See http://www.micros0ft.com/ for further details (note the "0").

* Install Plan 9 on a NeXT
@ 1995-09-01  7:28 Frank
From: Frank @ 1995-09-01  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.os.plan9 you write:

>I just got my Plan 9 CD-ROM. I'd like to know how I can
>install it on my NeXT Cube.

>Thanks.

>Ta-Wei "David" Li
>Member, League for Programming Freedom
>"Innovate, don't litigate."

Gee, just get Windoze95 instead---I hear it is really good! ;)

Later,
Frank

Frank Fabbrocino                  | OK, I admit it: My girlfriend's just
University of Southern California | an object to me.  Unfortunately there
Computer Science                  | is some information hiding, but
fabbroci@scf.usc.edu              | thankfully, she's fairly encapsulated,
University Computing Services     | nicely modular, and has a very well
ffabbroc@ucs.usc.edu              | defined interface! ;)

* Install Plan 9 on a NeXT
@ 1995-08-30  8:27 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1995-08-30  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Rene'> Is it possible to install it on a NeXT? I have a NeXT
    Rene'> workstation, and it would be fun to have plan9 on it.

I am working on getting Plan 9 to run on my NeXT Cube. I found the
files necessary to bootstrap the NeXT but I need a Plan 9 file server.
I will work on converting my PC into a Plan 9 file server and try to
install Plan 9 on the cube after that. I will keep you posted.

@ 1995-08-30  8:02 Rene'
From: Rene' @ 1995-08-30  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

In comp.os.plan9 you write:

>I just got my Plan 9 CD-ROM. I'd like to know how I can
>install it on my NeXT Cube.

>Thanks.

>Ta-Wei "David" Li
>Member, League for Programming Freedom
>"Innovate, don't litigate."

Is it possible to install it on a NeXT? I have a NeXT workstation, and
it would be fun to have plan9 on it.

/rene