* Got a LaserWave CD controller working
@ 1995-08-30 22:31 Jeremy
From: Jeremy @ 1995-08-30 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I've got the CD interface on my LaserWave Nucleus to work properly
under Plan 9.   The patch to devsbcd.c follows - it works for me, but I
haven't thought about doing it cleanly to coexist with a real SB CD
interface, so it shouldn't be applied unless you're trying to get
something like a LaserWave, LaserMate, or some other CD-only card
working.  However, adding an INFO port as distinct from the DATA port
seems like a good general change.

34c34,35
< 	DATA		= 0,
---
> 	INFO		= 0,
> 	DATA		= 2,		/* 0 for real SB, 2 for SB-like cards */
181c182
< 	sr = inb(port+DATA);
---
> 	sr = inb(port+INFO);
190c191
< 		sr = inb(port+DATA);
---

@ 1995-09-21 20:30 Jeremy
From: Jeremy @ 1995-09-21 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 19, 10:12pm, jmk@plan9.att.com wrote:
> Subject: re: Got a LaserWave CD controller working
> i'm thinking of how to make this a general change to co-exist with the
> sb16. what type of cdrom do you have?

It's branded as a LaserMate, but I think it's just a Panasonic CR-56x.

My patch isn't very reliable - it was enough to load the distribution, but
not for any serious use.  It works so long as the CD is kept spinning, but
I think it shuts down after a couple of mins of idleness, and the driver
doesn't start it again.   I think that would be a generic problem rather
than specific to my setup.

* Got a LaserWave CD controller working
@ 1995-09-20  2:12 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-20  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

i'm thinking of how to make this a general change to co-exist with the
sb16. what type of cdrom do you have?

--jim