* Support for Buslogic SCSI card in PC?
@ 1995-09-03 18:49 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-03 18:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

The 545 will work with the Adaptec 1542 driver.

Unlike Adaptec, Buslogic use the same programming interface to all
their controllers, and it's 1542 compatible. For the 32-bit interfaces
for EISA and PCI there's another mode the interfaces can be put into
for higher performance.

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

Are there any plans to support the Buslogic 545S and/or 542D cards?

I'd like ta check out the demo on my PC, but I'd rather not spend another
$300+ to get an adaptec card.

-bob

* Support for Buslogic SCSI card in PC?
@ 1995-09-04  0:04 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-09-04  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>To the distributed driver it should be indistinguishable from an Adaptec 1542.
i am indeed using the distributed adaptec driver unchanged with a buslogic 542B.

* Support for Buslogic SCSI card in PC?
@ 1995-09-03 23:11 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-03 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Apologies if you see this twice, I haven't seen my first reply reflected
 back from the list-server]

	> Are there any plans to support the Buslogic 545S and/or 542D cards?

To the distributed driver it should be indistinguishable from an Adaptec 1542.
Although we only tested the 545C, Buslogic use the same programming interface
across all their controllers. It should work OK. If not, mail me and I'll work
with you to get it to run.

* Support for Buslogic SCSI card in PC?
@ 1995-09-03  9:05 Robert