* wily and sunos
@ 1995-09-05  3:02 Arnold
From: Arnold @ 1995-09-05  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone have wily running under SunOS 4.1.3 yet? If so, can you send
me the appropriate Makefile?

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins -- The Basement Computer		| Laundry increases
Internet: arnold@skeeve.ATL.GA.US		| exponentially in the
UUCP:	emory!skeeve!arnold			| number of children.
Bitnet:	Forget it. Get on a real network.	|    -- Miriam Robbins

* wily and sunos
@ 1995-09-05 12:54 Brian
From: Brian @ 1995-09-05 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Does anyone have wily running under SunOS 4.1.3 yet? If so, can you send
>me the appropriate Makefile?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Arnold Robbins -- The Basement Computer		| Laundry increases

I've gotten it running on our 4.1.1 w/ X11R5 environment and on Linux.
Unfortunately, it needed more than just changes in the Makefile.
Neither compiling with POSIX_SOURCE or without it was quite right for
the Suns, so I've got some ugly little kludges in there.  They're
ugly enough that I wanted to try to clean them up a bit before passing
them on to the author, but if folks would like, I can put the updated
version on our anon ftp.  One (not too disgusting) change is that the
Sun standard library realloc is broken compared to what libframe and
libtext expect.  If the first argument of realloc is NULL, they will
do a malloc.  The Sun version returns an error.  Most of the rest is
munging around with what files are included when and filling in a few
missing typedefs.  BTW I found that the 5include and 5lib directories
were much closer than the BSD defaults in /usr/include and /usr/lib.

Kudos to Gary; I've become hooked on wily.

Brian L. Stuart
Math/CS Dept, Rhodes College, Memphis, TN
stuart@mathcs.rhodes.edu
http://www.mathcs.rhodes.edu