* Plan 9 on a NCR 35xx (AT&T actually)
@ 1995-09-09  0:50 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-09  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

	> Has anyone had the tenacity to see if Plan 9 can be made to work on a AT&T 35xx
	> series machine?  We were thinking about testing it on one that is being
	> under-utilised at the moment, but weren't sure if it would recognise any of the
	> storage devices (micro channel stuff instead of IDE or SCSI, I think).

	> Any wisdom appreciated...I don't subscribe to the list yet, so please mail
	> directly.

	> Scott

We've only tried it on some of the desktop Globalyst models, with mixed results
(Pentium and DX2 systems seemed to work OK, DX4's were flakey - when we looked inside
at the butchered motherboards we had some idea why...).

We haven't looked at the higher-end machines at all, there's definitely no Microchannel
support. Some of the multiprocessor servers look like they would make OK fileservers
but I suspect the multiprocessor hardware is not Intel MultiProcessor Specification 1.1
compliant (I have a Brazil port for the MP Spec. dual-Pentium motherboards which are
fairly common in comparison to NCR systems).

--jim

* Plan 9 on a NCR 35xx (AT&T actually)
@ 1995-09-08 21:49 Scott