* two CDROM drives got success
@ 1995-09-09 14:50 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1995-09-09 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Recently, I reported two scsi CDROM drives, Chinon's CDA-535 and
Sony's CDU-561, were difficult to use on AHA1542B.   However, it was
wrong, now I can report, with pleasure, that they can work fine.

By the support of forsyth@plan9.cs.york.ac.uk, I checked again those
drives, and found they behave somewhat different from Chinon's CDS-431,
but work fine.

For CDS-431, the command

term% bind -a '#R6" /dev

worked fine, but for the others, alternative command

term% bind -a '#w6' /dev

was nessessary.   This solved all the problem (Thanks forsyth _o_).

The last question left is why the latter two drives does not report
their size in the initial booting mode still in CGA, such
scsi6: cap 23365 sec 2048.....

Kenji

Kenji Okamoto     |  e-mail      okamoto@okamoto.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp
 ______  __ |__   |  Universiy of Osaka Prefecture, Dept. of Earth Science,
|__\/__|   /|\    |  Gakuen-cho 1 - 1, Sakai, Osaka 593, Japan
||_|_| |  /-|-\   |  alternative e-mail: okamoto@upr.center.osakafu-u.ac.jp

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-09-09 14:50 UTC | newest]