From: Jack Johnson fsjdj1@fsjdj1.alaska.edu
Subject: PC video problems
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 1995 00:46:22 -0400	[thread overview]

I've been trying to install the ftp-able version and I'm running into a
strange problem.  After accepting none as the username, I get the following:

init: starting /bin/rc
/bin/dossrv 19: serving #s/dos
init: rc exit status: rc 8:false

init: starting /bin/rc
term%

Sometime during this the screen also changes size, but remains
text-only.  I never get the windowing system.

Also, if I enter a username (after setting it up, of course) it hangs
following the second "init: starting /bin/rc".

I assume it has to do with my video card.  It's a Cirrus Logic-based card
on the motherboard (of an HP Vectra VL2), and Windows '95 tells me that,
although it works, "The resources this device is using does not match any of
its known configurations."  I know the gang at AT&T has had success with
Cirrus Logic cards on the motherboard, so I'm hoping someone out there
has run into this problem already.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

-Jack Johnson
 fsjdj1@aurora.alaska.edu