* Order info
@ 1995-09-10 16:43 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-09-10 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>So although I'd like to hear from any purchasers in the UK I'm probably
>>just going to end up getting a colleague in the States to buy it for me.
>>Any problems with this?  Different version sold in the States that can't
>>be exported?

the same CDROM is supplied inside and outside the USA.  you can order
by telephone.  on the plan9.att.com distribution page several
numbers are listed.  pick the one appropriate for your area.

i placed an order recently.  they do know about Plan 9 on the International number.
(`about' its existence, i mean; don't ask them how the mount driver works.)

you can place an order using any of the common credit cards.  3 to 5 day FEDEX
shipping was an extra $33 for me (for one full kit and an extra manual set).
i think the other shipping option was surface (too slow).

the package arrived less than a week after i'd ordered it.  unfortunately,
they shipped it to the house across the street, where it is stuck until
the owners return from holiday (someone there did sign for it...).

>>Oh yes, one other thing.  They said it wasn't available until next June!

it is supposed to be published here then.  meanwhile, order direct from Harcourt Brace & Co.
in Florida.

* Order info
@ 1995-09-10 11:27 ralphc
From: ralphc @ 1995-09-10 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Thu, 7 Sep 1995 04:17:59 GMT,
> Castor Fu  <castor@enigma.tkg.COM> wrote:
>
> >|  [ Go into any bookshop, and ask for the package with ISBN
> >|    0-03-017143-1 -- mod ]
> >
> >This ISBN doesn't seem to be showing up in the local bookstores'
> >version of Books in Print.
>
> Not yet; Books in Print is never entirely up to date. Tell them
> the publisher is Harcourt Brace & let them make some phone calls.
>  [...]
>  Sandy Harris
>  sharris@fox.nstn.ca

That is what I let our normal book suppliers do.  They came back with
the details, and the 257 pounds sterling price tag +VAT.  Do the two
books count as a VATable item because of the CD?  Or does VAT only apply
to the CD part (since you can buy the books on their own).

Oh yes, one other thing.  They said it wasn't available until next June!

So although I'd like to hear from any purchasers in the UK I'm probably
just going to end up getting a colleague in the States to buy it for me.
Any problems with this?  Different version sold in the States that can't
be exported?

Ralph.

Ralph Corderoy.  ralphc@sps.siemens.co.uk.  Phone: UK 01202-408769.
    Siemens Plessey Systems, Grange Road, Christchurch, Dorset. BH23 4JE

* Order info
@ 1995-09-08 21:32 Sandy
From: Sandy @ 1995-09-08 21:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 7 Sep 1995 04:17:59 GMT,
Castor Fu  <castor@enigma.tkg.COM> wrote:

>|  [ Go into any bookshop, and ask for the package with ISBN
>|    0-03-017143-1 -- mod ]
>
>This ISBN doesn't seem to be showing up in the local bookstores'
>version of Books in Print.

Not yet; Books in Print is never entirely up to date. Tell them
the publisher is Harcourt Brace & let them make some phone calls.

I'm working in a computer store & would like to sell some Plan 9
CDs, so I called Harcourt Brace Canada this week. They didn't
know about it & the ISBN wasn't in their computer yet. They're
checking with the US office & getting back to me....
 --
 Sandy Harris
 sharris@fox.nstn.ca

* Order info
@ 1995-09-06 18:48 Borja
From: Borja @ 1995-09-06 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Is there another way to order Plan9 than by phone?
> [ Go into any bookshop, and ask for the package with ISBN 0-03-017143-1 -- mod ]
>
> Maybe by secure HTTP.  Or a simple postal address.
> And is it possible to pay by credit card?

	I ordered it by phone with a VISA credit card. (I live in Spain)

	Borja.

Borja Marcos               | Preferred: borjam@we.lc.ehu.es
Alangoeta, 11, 1. izq.     | Others:    borjamar@mx.sarenet.es
48990 - Algorta (Vizcaya)  |            100015.3502@compuserve.com
SPAIN                      | CIS:       100015,3502

* Order info
@ 1995-09-06 13:40 Arnulf
From: Arnulf @ 1995-09-06 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there another way to order Plan9 than by phone?
[ Go into any bookshop, and ask for the package with ISBN 0-03-017143-1 -- mod ]

Maybe by secure HTTP.  Or a simple postal address.
And is it possible to pay by credit card?

Best regards, -Arnulf