From: Joseph Othmer jo@big.att.com
Subject: panic: ataintr: wait busy
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 1995 08:51:36 -0400	[thread overview]

In article <95Sep7.174253pdt.34952@reynaldo.parc.xerox.com>, you write:
|> The machine I can use for plan9 was finally delivered.  It's a 486 with an
|> Adaptec 1542 of some flavor.  When I boot I get wait busy panics.  I updated
|> my disks this afternoon and when I copy b.com and 9dos to C: and do
|>
|>    C:\b sd!0
|>
|> It sees both of the disks I have installed, but after 9dos boots I get this:
|>
|>    5569 free pages, 22276K bytes, swap 11126K, highwater 1112K, headroom 1388K
|>    CPU is a 33 MHz Intel486DX (cpuid: ax 400 dx 0)
|>    scsi0: aha1542: port 330 irq 14 dma5
|>    panic: wait busy cmd=0 status=ff
|>
|> Anyone seen this one before?  A search for adaptec and ataintr in my 9fans
|> archive didn't help much.
|>
|>   --berry
|>
|> Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center

I had the same problem. Try changing the disk controller to interrupt 11.
The kernel asks the controller which interrupt it is set for and tries to
setup the machine to use it. I does not succeed. Interrupt 11 seems to work.

Joe Othmer, Visual Communications Research Dept. AT&T Bell Laboratories,
Holmdel, NJ, 07733 Voice: 908 949-6975  FAX: 908 949-3697
UUCP: att!research!jo    INTERNET: jo@research.att.com