* ls .pooter
@ 1995-09-11 15:35 mkc
From: mkc @ 1995-09-11 15:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

forsyth@plan9.cs.york.ac.uk writes:

> you could try using sam -r to the unix machine: you'd need to put
> a copy of sam (but not samterm) on the remote machine.

Oh, but I did. Of course I did. However, since /bin/rx doesn't come
with the four diskettes, I will probably have to wait for the CD-ROM.
Is there any other way I can execute sam on a remote host and connect
it with the local sam?

Mikael Cardell <mkc@bull.se>
Systems Engineer
Telco Solutions, System Integration Services
Bull Northern Europe

* ls .pooter
@ 1995-09-10  0:29 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-09-10  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

>>there's no '-a' flag, it hides the files starting with '.'.  That's
>>a Unixism I've never liked much.  If it bugs you, you could change your
>>ftpfs to do an 'LIST -a'.  I'ld rather someone fixed Unix but what the
>>heck.

i believe it was fixed in the 7th Edition, but the fix was
lost by one group and not taken up by the other.
(as usual, cold comfort!)

>>>I also find that the editing capabilities of the windows in
>>>8 1/2 doesn't work over telnet connections. Strange things
>>>happen; sometimes I don't seem to get out of the edit mode,

you could try using sam -r to the unix machine: you'd need to put
a copy of sam (but not samterm) on the remote machine.
if you've got the CDROM, see /sys/src/cmd/unix/sam; if not,
a separate sam distribution is available for anonymous ftp.