* Plan9 tutorial
@ 1995-09-15  2:12 Henry
From: Henry @ 1995-09-15  2:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

As an experienced Unix user, I am constantly surprised by utilities that seem
to be missing in Plan 9 (I know, Plan 9 is NOT Unix).  That is, I need to
learn the Plan 9 way (and break a few Unix habits) in order to raise my level
of comfort with Plan 9.  Although the Plan 9 documents provide plenty of
technical detail, they don't provide as much "common usage" as I would like.

Any way, I was wondering if some one from the Computing Science Research
Center at Bell Labs could put on a Plan 9 tutorial.  From the activity on this
mailing list (and news group) I think that you could get a good turn out,
particularly if you held it at the up-coming Usenix conference in January.

Henry
henry@instantiated.on.ca

 When you stay on the tracks, ignoring the facts, you can't blame
 the wreck on the train.
 -- from the song, "You Can't Blame . . "

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-09-15  2:12 UTC | newest]