From: Stephen Gallimore stephen@psyc.leeds.ac.uk
Subject: new subsject:  Paradise VGA controller
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 1995 10:33:34 -0400	[thread overview]

>I posted something earlier this week about how to take those first, tentative steps
>down the slippery slope to VGA madness. To do any more than 640x480x[18] you need the

Sadly I missed your earlier post, I don't suppose you still have a copy handy
that you could send to me ? I have a Diamond Stealth 64 V1.14 and a CTX1451
monitor which is giving me problems. I can get a good image at 800x600x1
but the screen flickers just too much for it to be usable - It makes me feel
sea sick ! 800x600x8 shows the same symptoms as the chap with the paradise
card, i.e. 4 or 5 ghost images in the last 1/5th of the screen of what is
approximately in the center of the display. 1024x768x1 just causes the monitor
to loose sync. The monitor specs seem to match those specified for multisync65,
but.... I do have the H and V sync timings for the monitor but have no idea
how to use those to modify the H and V parameters in vgadb to try and improve
matters. I am also a bit worried that the older version of the Diamond card
that I have is just not compatible with the v2.02 driver provided with the
plan9 demo disks.

any help or pointers to docs on the matter would be most appreciated.

stephen

BTW:- why doesn't sam clean its window up properly on exit, acme and mothra
      do so, it was like this in the previous release too - i would have
      thought it would have been tidied up by now.