* installation hangs up
@ 1995-09-17  2:54 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-17  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

yes, the boot process is confused by the presence of the os/2 boot manager
and we hope to have a fixed set of discs out soon.

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

Hello All,

I ftp'd the 4 diskette version to try and my install process is hanging when
I try to boot the first time from the hard disk.

I have 2 scsi disks. I have OS/2 and Windows95 (Yeh I know) and OS/2's Boot
Manager on the first drive. There is are 20 megabytes of free space on the
disk.  The second drive hasn't been partitioned yet.

The plan9 directory and all subdirectories are made ok, but when I remove the
floppy, enter c:\plan9\b all I get is:

Boot device:
boot from:

Anything I enter after boot from: just gets another boot from:

Is the boot process confused as to what hard drive to look at?

Here's my plan9.ini

mouseport=0
monitor=multisync65
vgasize=1024x768x8
scsi0=type=aha1542 port=0x334 (It's a BusLogic BT445C, dip switch=334)
audio=type=sb16 port=0x220 irq=5 dma=5
console=cga (not sure what that meant, other options were com1 and com2)
bootfile=sd!0!/plan9/9dos
rootdir=/plan9

I created the plan9 directory in DOS mode under Windows95.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike
mcarmody@netcom.com

* installation hangs up