* Status
@ 1995-09-19 14:02 dhog
From: dhog @ 1995-09-19 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Interesting - either:
>	- you've got a problem with your plan 9 timezone, or
>	- you've just moved into a timezone 14 hours removed
>	from the one you were in ten minutes ago.

I think Majordumbo must be rewriting my Date: header...

* Status
@ 1995-09-19 14:50 tbcc!bwc
From: tbcc!bwc @ 1995-09-19 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

>Were you unaware of the scuzz(8) command, or is there some reason
>why it wouldn't work with your tape drive?

I tried the scuzz read command and my somewhat old tape drive
didn't like it.  I didn't take the time to figure out why since
I suspected scsi(3) would be easy to use.  It was.

Brantley Coile
Network Translation
bwc@translation.com

* Status
@ 1995-09-19 13:42 Steve_Kilbane
From: Steve_Kilbane @ 1995-09-19 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

> From: dhog@plan9.cs.su.oz.au
> Date: 	Tue, 19 Sep 1995 09:29:06 -0400

Interesting - either:
	- you've got a problem with your plan 9 timezone, or
	- you've just moved into a timezone 14 hours removed
	from the one you were in ten minutes ago.

:-)

steve

* Status
@ 1995-09-19 13:29 dhog
From: dhog @ 1995-09-19 13:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

>One suprise was that I needed to put the cdrom and streaming tape drive
>on the cpu server.  I wrote a short program to read tapes from the Archive
>tape drive using scsi(3).  Worked first time.

Were you unaware of the scuzz(8) command, or is there some reason
why it wouldn't work with your tape drive?

Hmmm, just checked scsi(3) -- there's no reference to scuzz(8) in the
"See Also".

* Status
@ 1995-09-19 12:41 tbcc!bwc
From: tbcc!bwc @ 1995-09-19 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a word of encouragement to all those still in VGA hell.
I've got two terminals, a cpu server and a file server working.
I have one terminal in my office (586 16MB) and one in my lab (486 8Mb).
The CPU server is currently only a 486 machine but that will be fixed soon.

One suprise was that I needed to put the cdrom and streaming tape drive
on the cpu server.  I wrote a short program to read tapes from the Archive
tape drive using scsi(3).  Worked first time.

I still can't cpu to the cpu server, but Dave P. got me closer.

There is a big difference in feel between the floppy and the full
cdrom.  This stuff is great.  I haven't been this excited since
my 6th Edition tapes arrived.

Brantley Coile
Network Translation, Inc.

bwc@translation.com