* [Qs] Plan9 & linux
@ 1995-09-22 13:35 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-09-22 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

at the moment you are out of luck. there will hopefully be a new version of
the 4-diskette system soon which will allow you to use any FAT partition as the
temporary install filesystem.

but beware, plan 9 does not install onto a partition on your disc, but creates
its own filesystem on any unclaimed space on the disc beyond the partitions
described by the master boot record. read the installation instructions and
errata carefully.

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

I would like to install plan9 on my linux box, but I don't have
DOS on my machine, and have an already partitionned hard disk.

Do I really have to install DOS to install and boot the pcdist floppies,
or is a DOS filesystem necessary/sufficient?

Can I force plan9 to install itself on the swap partition?  What
partitions are used by pcdist : the 2d, the last, all but the first,
the first not labelled as DOS? Is there a a way to specify which
partition the installation program should use?
--
Jean Mehat, universite de Paris 8 Vincennes a Saint Denis,
jm@univ-paris8.fr, ((33) 1) 49 40 64 03, ((33) 1) 49 40 67 83 (fax)

* [Qs] Plan9 & linux
@ 1995-09-22 12:12 Jean