* unable to walk to 9dos??
@ 1995-09-25 17:14 Reg
From: Reg @ 1995-09-25 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

In attempting to bring up the new Plan 9 demo version, I have run into
some odd problems.  Not only will the new demo not come up, neither will
the old one, which ran fine in March.

There have been no changes to the hardware configuration.  Only thing
I've done is load Microsoft Office.  I find it hard to believe that
it's so hostile it can stop a floppy boot.

A check sum for the March disk would be appreciated.  My original disk
is toast, even my SPARC 1+ can't read it.  I've got a disk image on the
1+ which I used to make floppies for my friends.  It gets to the
default boot and then comes back w/ the "unable to walk to 9dos" message.

BTW how does the overall quality of implementation compare for the various
platforms?  With Sun IPCs under $1000, I can see little justification for
enduring VGA hell...

(my apologies if this is answered in the Plan 9 web page.  I have had very
little success accessing it.  ftp seems not to be a problem, but Mosaic has
been)

Reginald H. Beardsley                                      rhb@acm.org

                       Consultant/Programmer

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-09-25 17:14 UTC | newest]