* Plan9 compatibility: Compaq Prolinea 466
@ 1995-09-28 13:12 Borja
From: Borja @ 1995-09-28 13:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

	Hello,

	I have tried the 4 diskette distribution in a Compaq
Prolinea 466 and it seems to work. (Haven't installed the CD because
I have had no time).

	The on-board SVGA is a Cirrus which doesn't appear in
/lib/vgadb. However, simply by adding its BIOS signature
has made it work.

	The signature is:

	(at 0xC0039)
	CL-GD543x PCI VGA BIOS

	I have made it work at 1024x768x8i and 800x600x8
without problems.

	However, when configuring this machine all cards must
be registered in the BIOS setup. The most surprising fact is that
the IRQ11 is reserved for the VGA, so if you want to use an Adaptec
AHA1542C (my case) you must change the interrupt. Also, I don't know
why, but some interrupts (12, for example) are "Reserved".

	The machine otherwise seems to work well, and also runs Linux.

	Borja.
Borja Marcos               | Preferred: borjam@we.lc.ehu.es
Alangoeta, 11, 1. izq.     | Others:    borjamar@mx.sarenet.es
48990 - Algorta (Vizcaya)  |            100015.3502@compuserve.com
SPAIN                      | CIS:       100015,3502
(c)1995 by the author.
This message cannot be transferred to the Microsoft(tm) Network.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-09-28 13:12 UTC | newest]