* termcap
@ 1995-09-28 16:18 Mikael
From: Mikael @ 1995-09-28 16:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

I asked before on the 9fans list, but no one answered. Perhaps I'm
alone in a non Plan 9 environment, I don't know. What I want is some
way to interact with curses programs in a Unix environment from an
8½ window. Yes, sometimes that *is* necessary, although I would much
rather stay in my comfortable Plan 9 environment, using acme to edit
whatever I need.

What I asked for the previous time was some sort of termcap for a p9
terminal, since my TERM environment variable gets set to 'p9' if I 'con'
a Unix machine. Is there such a beast? Can I get curses to work in a
window?

* termcap
@ 1995-09-28 17:43 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-09-28 17:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

run hp(1) in an 8½ window.  set the remote machine's term. type to whatever
is appropriate for an hp2621 (on our SGI you seem to have lots of different
hp2621 variants from which to choose).  you might find that con or telnet
sends the terminal type across the link for you, but it might not
be quite right for the receiving machine.

* termcap
@ 1995-09-28 16:19 Mikael
From: Mikael @ 1995-09-28 16:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh yes, sorry if someone has allready answered my mail, please
be sure to reply to mkc@bull.se, nothing else. Things has been
known for not working properly lately --- I'm checking things out.

In the meantime, send mail only to mkc@bull.se, NOT @maja.link... et
cetera.