* Can not mount u9fs
@ 1995-09-30 17:29 presotto
From: presotto @ 1995-09-30 17:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

u9fs is a Unix program and tries to obey Unix access permissions.
You (i.e. the user id on the plan 9 system) has to have an entry
in the password file on the Unix system in order to mount the
a file system served by u9fs.

If compiled with SOCKETS defined, it also uses the standard BSD network
permission code, ruser(), which requires the calling system
to be in /etc/hosts.equiv or the user to have a .rhosts allowing access.

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

I just got my PC setup to be a Plan 9 terminal and compiled the u9fs on my NeXT
box. When I try to access the file server, after srv command, the mount fails
with error message:

mount: mount /srv/tcp!next!9fs /n/next: unknown user or group

I am wondering if this mean that I need to setup an auth server.

Thanks.

Ta-Wei Li

* Can not mount u9fs
@ 1995-09-30  6:38 Ta-Wei