* Installing Plan 9 on end of 2nd IDE drive
@ 1995-10-02 15:12 Peter
From: Peter @ 1995-10-02 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <95Sep26.194128edt.78520@colossus.cse.psu.edu> jmk@plan9.ATt.COM writes:

> Newsgroups: comp.os.plan9
> From: jmk@plan9.ATt.COM
> Date: Tue, 26 Sep 1995 15:35:45 GMT
>
> it should be possible. references in the plan9.ini (which will
> still be on the first hard drive or the floppy) will be of the
> form 'hd!1' or 'h!1' instead of 'hd!0' or 'h!0'.
>
> at least, that's the theory...

Yes, it can be done.  I have done it. It took me a while to figure
out how to do it.  Once in DOS, I change drive to "D" (the second drive)
and run b.com to install the software and prep the disk.  Once the disk
is pre, you can modify the plan9.ini to point to "h!1" and b.com
will boot from the 2nd hard disk.

	Peter Huang 		HP Corporate Network Service
	Phone: (415)424-3726  	Email: phuang@hpcc01.corp.HP.COM
	3000 Hanover Street, MS 20CX, Palo Alto, CA 94304

* Installing Plan 9 on end of 2nd IDE drive
@ 1995-09-26 23:35 jmk

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

The subject line above pretty much says it all.  The only free disk space
that I have available is at the end of my second IDE drive on my system.
Will I be able to boot to it?  Or can I boot from a floppy which would
point to Plan 9 on my second drive?  If this is possible, what files (or
whatever) would need to be changed and what would those changes be?
BTW, I have a 486/33 DX with 20Mbytes RAM, 2 - 330Mbyte IDE disk drives,
Orchid F1280 VGA and Mitsumi FX-200D CDROM.

TIA!

--
Bob LaGesse						 bobl@lexis-nexis.com
LEXIS-NEXIS

* Installing Plan 9 on end of 2nd IDE drive
@ 1995-09-26 15:10 Bob