* Running Plan 9 on NeXT with u9fs
@ 1995-10-03 19:33 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1995-10-03 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Steinar> I would be very much interested in hearing about your
    Steinar> experiences when setting up a NeXT u9fs. (As an answer to
    Steinar> your offer on writing a summary aabout this if it was
    Steinar> enough interest...)

I just finish the summary and it's on my web page:

http://skat.usc.edu/~taweil

I just type it up from memory so there may be mistake. Let me know if you have
any problem with it.

Ta-Wei "David" Li
Member, League for Programming Freedom
"Innovate, don't litigate."

* Running Plan 9 on NeXT with u9fs
@ 1995-10-03 15:55 Steinar
From: Steinar @ 1995-10-03 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Steinar Knutsen         sk@nvg.unit.no        Finger for PGP public key.
"When people talk about space as a hostile enviroment, they are thinking

* Running Plan 9 on NeXT with u9fs
@ 1995-10-03  3:04 Ta-Wei
From: Ta-Wei @ 1995-10-03  3:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I finally got my NeXT cube to boot Plan 9 from an u9fs running on a
Intel box with NeXTSTEP. I will write up a summary if there is enough
interest. Some trivial patches to u9fs are necessary to compile it under
NeXTSTEP.

  I'd like to thank presotto@plan9.att.com and forsyth@plan9.cs.york.ac.uk's
help on setting up u9fs and peter@plan9.com's help on booting the NeXT cube.
Also, thanks pace@blitz.com for the auth.srv for Unix.

  Since Plan 9 is running, I have couple more questions.

1. What kind of convertor do I need to connect a Logitech Mouse man to
   the NeXT serial port?

2. How do I do a clean "shutdown" on the terminal?

3. How do I input 8 1/2 on the NeXT keyboard? The doc says using Alt 1 2 but
   it's not working on my keyboard. How can I fix it?

Thanks.

Ta-Wei Li