* Parallelism in Alef
@ 1995-10-04 11:53 Binesh
From: Binesh @ 1995-10-04 11:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi... I just ordered the Plan 9 distribution, but I have a question...

I understand that Alef and Plan 9 in general is meant to be very distributed.
Is it meant to work in a heterogeneous network? Like, can I have PC's SGI's
and whatever else, as compute farms, and just expect whatever program I
run on a terminal? (Like, if I have an Alef segment of code makes 4 functions
execute in parallel, and I have a PC, an SGI, and maybe 2 sparcs as compute
servers, will they execute the 4 functions on those 4 machines? Just
wondering... Thanks

Binesh
--
* Will sit by a pool and relax and have fun for money. *
Hey... it's going to work someday...

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-10-04 11:53 UTC | newest]