* other language & right to left support
@ 1995-10-05  1:27 Michael
From: Michael @ 1995-10-05  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is it clear how one can add support for other languages, eg Farsi (Persian)
an extended arabic system. In this script, letters have up to 4 forms
depending on the position in the word and the connected-ness with surrounding
letters. It is also written right to left.
Are there characters definedi n the unicode area or do I need to do it myself,
how hard will it to be to do the r to l?
(ps I have plan 9 on order after playing with it on a laptop)

regards,
Michael Homsey

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mhomsey/
The Radio Astronomy place in OZ!

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-10-05  1:27 UTC | newest]