From: d3garfin@sisko.sbcc.cc.ca.us d3garfin@sisko.sbcc.cc.ca.us
Subject: Warp and a dot matrix printer
Date: Thu,  5 Oct 1995 11:24:58 -0400	[thread overview]

Startling to see Plan 9 advertised, full page with 'Source for only
$350',
in Embedded Systems Programming of all places.  Is this some deep plot
to produce a Plan-9 controlled toaster, or just AT&T marketing striking
out in odd directions?  Has anyone seen the ads anywhere else?

----- End Included Message -----

	I have seen the ad in Dr. Dobb's Journal (BTW I knew of
the existance of Plan 9 some years ago, when they published an article
about PLan 9 by the authors).

	I think such magazines are the right place to advertise
a distributred system. Think of the typical PC Magazine/PC
World/Byte/etc.
reader seeing an advertisement of an OS without a spreadsheet and
with a strange name, unable to run DOS applications...

	Borja.

---------

I fail to see what is so odd about seeing Plan 9 in a publication on
embedded systems. In fact I can't think of any commercial area off hand
for which Plan 9 is so well suited for(or in other words I fail to see
how this is "an odd direction"). The embedded systems market seems to be
one of the most rapidly growing areas in the addoption of distributed
systems( ie QNX, LYNX ect.).