From: beto@plan9.cs.su.oz.au beto@plan9.cs.su.oz.au
Subject: reading selected text in acme
Date: Mon,  9 Oct 1995 13:29:32 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've tried to read the selected text in an acme
window (from an alef program),
but it reads from the start of the selection while there is
space in the read buffer. I checked the acme manual, and it says
that's the `right behaivor'. So I'm wondering how do we
check the end of the selection.

To read the selected text I did:

	write(ctl,"addr=dot",strlen("addr=dot"));
	n=read(data,buf,sizeof(buf));

I could use the chorus mecanism, but it only works with
less than 256 bytes, eventhough the manual says that it should
give me the addr to read the runes directly form the file if the
argument is too long.  Acme says "`argument string too long".

thanks