* help with aha1452CP
@ 1995-10-19  4:18 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-10-19  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

you need the new version of b.com on plan9.att.com in the pcdist subdirectory,
the floppy disc images have not been updated with this fix yet.
alternatively, you can try turning off the options described in the source comment
below

	/*
	 * If the BIOS is enabled on the 1542C/CF and BIOS options for support of drives
	 * > 1Gb, dynamic scanning of the SCSI bus or more than 2 drives under DOS 5.0 are
	 * enabled, the BIOS disables accepting Cmbinit to protect against running with
	 * drivers which don't support those options. In order to unlock the interface
	 * it is necessary to read a lock-code using Cextbios and write it back using
	 * Cmbienable; the lock-code is non-zero.
	 */

Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

I am attempting to get the 4 disk set up on 486/33. I have added
an ISA aha1452CP (the CF has been superceded).
After executing B.COM I get the screen cleared and the plan 9 label appear.
It sees starts to repeat the following:
adaptec0: invdcmd #1 len 5
scsiwait timed out
adaptec0: invdcmd #2 len 1
scsiwait timed out
adaptec0: invdcmd #2 len 1
scsiwait timed out
adaptec0: invdcmd #2 len 1

etc, WHat have I done wrong, I only turned off plug and play and the floppy
interface on the card, the rest were left the same?

ANy help gratefuly received!

regards,
Michael Homsey

http://www.atnf.csiro.au/people/mhomsey/