* cd-rom install
@ 1995-10-20 19:04 Michael
From: Michael @ 1995-10-20 19:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm asking for help with the CD-ROM setup on Intel PC. (486DX-33, 16M, IDE
hard drive).

I've got the floppy system up and running but I'm stuck with the CD-ROM.
Apologies for not being a PC guru, but here I am. Anyway, I have a
SoundBlaster card with an NEC CD-ROM drive. The sound blaster card I have
supports an IDE CD-ROM and has a set of port and IRQ choices that seem to
be independent of what drive is actually attached, but when you go to the
CD-ROM configuration for Plan9 it offers a set of drive choices and ports
that don't match anything in the SoundBlaster manual. Do I have to go out
and buy one of the listed drives (panasonic, matsushita, etc.?) or is
there some way I can live with my NEC drive that works fine under Windows?
If I do buy one of these drives will it solve the problem that the CD-ROM
port and IRQ choices that are listed in the SoundBlaster manual don't
match any of those offered by Plan9?

I feel like I'm missing something obvious (to everyone else). Thanks for
any help or suggestions
Mike T.

--
Mike Taylor
Amdahl Corporation

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-10-20 19:04 UTC | newest]