* Booting on Sparc
@ 1995-10-20 20:54 JUSTdan
From: JUSTdan @ 1995-10-20 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

What procedure do I use to get the operating system booted on a sparcstation
from the cdrom? I can not find any reference to this in the documentation,
and am not familiar enough with the sparc monitor to get this to work
successfully.

Thanks much for the assistance,

Dan

--
Dan Cohn 	N0IHA	      dan@dan.com / cohnd@rpi.edu
GCM/CS/E/T d+@>!d H s-:++ g? p?+ au+ a- w++ v-?* C++>----

* Booting on Sparc
@ 1995-10-23  6:36 Hans-Peter
From: Hans-Peter @ 1995-10-23  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

> new
ok boot cdrom

or

> b sd(0,6,2)	# 6 is the default scsi id.

-hp

* Booting on Sparc
@ 1995-10-22 23:02 John
From: John @ 1995-10-22 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

BOOT(8S)              MAINTENANCE COMMANDS               BOOT(8S)

NAME
     boot - start the system kernel or a standalone program

SYNOPSIS
  SUN-3, SUN-4 SYSTEMS
     >b [ device [ (c,u,p) ] ] [ filename ] [ -av ] boot-flags
     >b tapedev ([c,u,p])install [ filenum ]
          diskdev([c],[u],[p])[vmunix[boot-flags]]
     >b?
     >b!

  SPARCstation 1 SYSTEMS
     >b [ device [ (c,u,p) ] ] [ filename ] boot-flags

  SPARCstation 2 SYSTEMS, SPARCsystem 600MP SERIES