* Standalone SS2
@ 1995-10-21  5:11 JUSTdan
From: JUSTdan @ 1995-10-21  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please excuse my complete ignorance thusfar about plan9, for I am
intending to learn but can only do so once I can get the system
started up. :)

I am presently able to boot off of my SS2 by copying the 9sscd file to
my sunos filesystem and specifying it as my boot kernal. Once plan9 is
started up, I would like to be able to take a hard disk I have on the SCSI
bus and create a file system on it to use with plan9 so that I may start my
exploration. I find, however, that I am unable to access the intended device
(sd1) at all, as it does not have any device listed in /dev. (nor are any
other disk devices) I have just tried for several hours to find my way through
kfs, prep, wren, mkfs, etc in order to find a way to accomplish this with
not yet a hint of success.

So..

I now have the machine booted from the cdrom file system.

How do I (a) make my sd1 drive have a working device reference, and
         (b) properly prepare this raw device to unpack the distribution?

thanks,

	dan.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-10-21  5:11 UTC | newest]