* Instaling PCDIS on Zeos Laptop
@ 1995-10-27  0:48 Bob
From: Bob @ 1995-10-27  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <3G3hwUQy8s5M085yn@execpc.com>, you wrote:

>	I downloaded the four disk set from plan9.att.com, and I think
>I got all the updates (like b.com).
>
>	My machine is a Zeos Meridian 400 Laptop DX4/100Mhz, with 350
>hard drive, and 8 megs of RAM.
>
>	I backed up my hard disk then defraged it.  All 350 megs where
>one DOS partition.
>
>	I made up the boot disk using RAWRITE.
>
>	When I try to install this I get ERROR 23, "Not Enough Disk Space".
>I've got 250 megs free!
>
>	Next thought was it wanted to be in a partition of its own, so I
>ran FIPS the Linix partition spliter.
>
>	I tried to install again but still got the same error.
>
>	I have a felling I'm missing a step, but I don't know that it is?
>
>	Is their some minimum document set, rather than downloading the whole
>thing?  I want to find out if this works on my hardware before I pop for
>the bucks for the disk/book set.

	I want to thank every one that replied here and in email.

	For any other newbe that happens to be at this stage.

	After you make the new partition with FIPS, run FDISK and delete
that partition.  After I did this I got every thing to install.

	I also discovered that unless you tell the system to "make the
system bootable" you can only use the system once with out having to
reinstall it (as far as I could tell).

	I took the message to mean that it would make plan9 be the
default boot instead of DOS (not ready for that just yet).  Maybe
it could be worded differently some how?

	And it might be help file if there was one short simple ASCII
text file that told how to get the disk set installed.

* Instaling PCDIS on Zeos Laptop
@ 1995-10-20 15:16 jmk
From: jmk @ 1995-10-20 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

	> I backed up my hard disk then defraged it.  All 350 megs where
	> one DOS partition.

the install wants to use some space not claimed by any partition tables,
if you had one DOS partition of, say, 300Mb it would work.

* Instaling PCDIS on Zeos Laptop
@ 1995-10-20  9:53 Bob