* scsi problems
@ 1995-10-28  5:09 Hans
From: Hans @ 1995-10-28  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

A side remark, not an answer:

In my experience Q105s are more trouble then they're worth, at least if they've
been conatantly powered up in a Sun for a while.  I certainly wouldn't put any
data I cared about on one.  They're probably barely OK for swap space, though
I think a bit slow by modern standards.  Around here you could get a nice
300 MB replacement drive for $100, at least a while ago.

Hans

* scsi problems
@ 1995-10-12 15:37 Scott
From: Scott @ 1995-10-12 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a ss1 that I use as a cpu server.  Normally it swaps from a file
living on the file server, but since it has a disk of its own, a
Quantum 105, I decided to try using that.  To exercise it, I recompiled
/sys/src/cmd.  Hours later, it complains:

	scsiintr: wierd phase after xfr: status=01 step/intr=410 dma=80000b15 cmd status=4600
	page in: directory not found: 1 4096
	scsiintr: bad case: status=01 step/intr=440 dma=80000011 cmd status=0000
	cmd = #41
	panic: executeio: page out i/o error

	<rest deleted>

On another occasion, just mounting the disk and running prep produced
some scsiintr messages, but no panic.

Anyone else seen this?