* sparc standalone
@ 1995-10-30 17:33 presotto
From: presotto @ 1995-10-30 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

change /lib/namespace

------ original message follows ------

>From cse.psu.edu!9fans-outgoing-owner Mon Oct 30 12:31:29 EST 1995
Date:	Mon, 30 Oct 1995 12:16:51 -0500
From:	JUSTdan <dan@dan.com>
To:	9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: sparc standalone
Sender: owner-9fans@cse.psu.edu

I still have not received any information about how to explictly specify
the offset in a local!# statement. If nobody can answer this, perhaps the
following will work as a temporary fix until I can become more familiar with
the OS internals:

How does one make a binding that remains constant throughout all sessions? I
want to bind the volume I have created to / and keep it there during the life
of the system, and not just in the present environment. How can I do this?

thanks,

dc

* sparc standalone
@ 1995-10-30 17:38 philw
From: philw @ 1995-10-30 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

>How does one make a binding that remains constant throughout all sessions? I
>want to bind the volume I have created to / and keep it there during the life
>of the system, and not just in the present environment. How can I do this?

I think you are asking how to make a change to the global
system namespace. The namespace is built from a combination
of /rc/bin/termrc, /rc/bin/cpurc and /lib/namspace. Modifications
to the two scripts cpurc and termrc will be visible in the
system namespace (bootes) and available to the listeners.
Modifications to /lib/namespace affect processes which call
newns(2) to establish a new namspace (cpu, telnet etc.).

>I still have not received any information about how to explictly specify
>the offset in a local!# statement.

I have no idea what the first part of your question is asking.

* sparc standalone
@ 1995-10-30 17:16 JUSTdan