* Plan 9 book in Australia?
@ 1995-11-01  5:31 Stephen
From: Stephen @ 1995-11-01  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've been looking for the book & went off to Dymocks bookstore, to see what
they could do. They told me that it'd have to be ordered in from the States
(which I expected) and the predicted price was $931. After recovering from
this shock (I was expecting about $500) I wondered if anyone else in Oz had
bought it. Do any of the Basser crowd (or anyone else for that matter) have a
clue where it could be purchased for a cheaper price than this?

	Stephen
--

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!

* Plan 9 book in Australia?
@ 1995-11-01  7:02 Christopher.Vance
From: Christopher.Vance @ 1995-11-01  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au> wrote:
|  I've been looking for the book & went off to Dymocks bookstore, to see what
|  they could do. They told me that it'd have to be ordered in from the States
|  (which I expected) and the predicted price was $931. After recovering from
|  this shock (I was expecting about $500) I wondered if anyone else in Oz had
|  bought it. Do any of the Basser crowd (or anyone else for that matter) have a
|  clue where it could be purchased for a cheaper price than this?

I rang HB in Florida/Texas/whereever and ordered that way.  With FedEx, I
paid about 10% extra, but had it within the week.  I had to tell them that
HB Aus didn't know about it, though.  I haven't yet had my MC bill to see
what exchange rate they used...

Sounds like a typical Aus bookstore ripoff.  Add 40% to retail price?
Yes...

-- Christopher