* local time adjastment fails
@ 1995-11-03  9:32 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1995-11-03  9:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> the structure timezone in /sys/src/fs/port/time.c is set for
> EST/EDT.  it can be changed only by editing and recompiling.

I edited this file for JST local time, and set my machine to GMT time.
All the problems were solved.

Thank you as usual as many previous helps from you.

Kenji

* local time adjastment fails
@ 1995-11-02 10:37 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 1995-11-02 10:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

the structure timezone in /sys/src/fs/port/time.c is set for
EST/EDT.  it can be changed only by editing and recompiling.
until then, set the date on the file server to what you would
use if you were in EST (i think EDT has ended now, so you've
got a few months yet to make the fs kernel change).

i wish the workman hadn't knocked our Rugby receiver off the table.

* local time adjastment fails
@ 1995-11-02  6:23 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1995-11-02  6:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a strange problem to set local time correctly between three networked
PCs which I reported yesterday.

I set all the machine's time as that of GMT, that is 32400 seconds before.

When the file server comes up, I reset the time by the command
andesite% date +50400,
because it reported 14 hours (50400 second) delay.
Then, the format of reported date comand is

       Thu Nov 2 15:03:57  1995 + 0,
although I have /adm/timezone/local file as
       JST 32400 JST 32400.

Next, I booted up the AUTH and CPU server, which reported 14 hours ahead
from my local time in the different format of
       Fri Nov 3 05:03:57 JST 1995.

Next, I also booted up the terminal, which also reported 14 hours ahead
as same as the case of AUTH(CPU) server.

After above operation, all the machine's time is reset to new value.

Well, I think this should be corrected....  I know you are very busy,
but this seems to be one of the first priority things.

Kenji