* How does one read the kernel source?
@ 1995-11-06 23:19 Boyd
From: Boyd @ 1995-11-06 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

je crois qu'on dit 'plan neuf' en francais.  ca veut dire le neufieme plan.

* How does one read the kernel source?
@ 1995-11-06 22:36 John
From: John @ 1995-11-06 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

i recall seeing something in section 3 of the manual on kernel debugging,
usually the best way to begin to explore a new system is in a debugger.

of course, halting a kernel is terminal. :-)

> In what order do you suggest to read the kernel source files to understand
> plan9 specific features?

"plan-nouf?", try "plan-nine" or "progetto nove" ;-)

@ 1995-11-06 12:56 dhog
From: dhog @ 1995-11-06 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

>BTW, how do you pronounce "plan9"? In France, it's something like "plan nough".
>It can also be understood as "New plan".

I pronounce it as "plæn naɪn"...
(unicode -t 0070 006c 00e6 006e 0020 006e 0061 026a 006e)

* How does one read the kernel source?
@ 1995-11-04 10:06 Jean
From: Jean @ 1995-11-04 10:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Since the commentary on the sources of Plan9 won't be available, we have
to doit by ourself. I would like to receive 2 advices.

What would be a minimum set of files to have a running system? In "The Use
of Name Space in Plan 9", a kernel made of 6000 lines is mentionned, is it
still real?