* error walking to 9dos
@ 1995-11-10 16:36 Kevin
From: Kevin @ 1995-11-10 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I am trying to install Plan9 on my PC (486-66, 8MB RAM, Cirrus Logic
5426 chipset).  I have no problems getting through the first disk of the 4
disk trial version, but when I execute b.com (from my normal DOS boot
configuration) it comes up with the following:

		boot devices:
		boot from:

nothing more, nothing less.  When I try the same thing when I use a boot disk
I get a variation on the same theme:

		boot devices: fd!0
		boot from[default==fd!0!9dos]:
		error walking to 9dos
		boot from:

I seem to remember plan9 being able to 'walk to 9dos' when configuring plan9.
 I myself have a sneaky suspision that my Tekram DC-600C ISA cacheing
controller, but want to exhaust all other options first.

Just as a note, I have three logical drives, the first having 3 dos
partitions, the second being a Linux partliton and the third I was hoping to
give to plan9.

Appreciative of any help.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-11-10 16:36 UTC | newest]