* Typo in vgadb ?
@ 1995-11-15  1:20 Kenji
From: Kenji @ 1995-11-15  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I found an entry '0xE0039="CL-GD540x/542x VGA BIOS" in vgadb.
> With debug, I found the address should be at 0xC0039 (in my 486
> at least.) Is it a typo?

It may indicate notebook type.

> I can set the display up to 800x600x1.

So, you are lucky to set it as SVGA.

> I cannot set the depth to 8 bits?

I'd be happy if you could describe more what happenedin your case,
because I'm also facing with this problem in a different vga card.

> Setting to 640x480x8 still gives me a b/w window system. Any
> suggestion or solution?

How did you know it's b/w?   Did you try to display some colored image?

Kenji

* Typo in vgadb ?
@ 1995-11-14  8:52 Lam
From: Lam @ 1995-11-14  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I found an entry '0xE0039="CL-GD540x/542x VGA BIOS" in vgadb.
With debug, I found the address should be at 0xC0039 (in my 486
at least.) Is it a typo?

I can set the display up to 800x600x1. Would it be the reason why
I cannot set the depth to 8 bits? I had tried changing the entry in
vgadb before I install Plan9, but it couldn't solve the problem.
Setting to 640x480x8 still gives me a b/w window system. Any
suggestion or solution?

Lam