* req:p9 - implementation details
@ 1995-11-27 15:11 Daniel
From: Daniel @ 1995-11-27 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there,

doing a major essay comparing operation systems I need some
detailed information about plan9, if available.
Unfortunatetly the papers published in www didn't answer
my questions and I cannot afford to buy the programmer's
manual, so I hope someone in here can help me.

- What are the kernels policies for memory management ?
  (segmentation , paging, under which conditions are
   pages swapped out , ect)
  .. for cpu scheduling ? (priority queues ? RR ? whatever)
  Are there differences btw cpu-server, fileserver, terminal
  kernels concerning the things above ?

- How are processes implemented ? (What kind of data-structures are
  used ? process tables, signal handling, registers, system calls,
  stack, etc ) What about the threads  (I think there's some information
  about that in the papers...)

..so far.
Maybe some more question will arise.

Thanks in advance,
 Daniel Lang

--
IRC: Mr-Spock                  --We boldly go, where no high has gone before--
dpl@dcs.ed.ac.uk                     or                    D.Lang@sms.ed.ac.uk

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-11-27 15:11 UTC | newest]