* Plan 9 in the news?
@ 1995-12-01 19:27 Steven
From: Steven @ 1995-12-01 19:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> The January 1996 issue of Unix Review has a rather stunning
>> article about Plan 9.

>Stunning in the sense that the guy couldn't get it to install and had
>to restore his drives from backups tapes.  But when he played with a
>friend's system he was impressed.
>	/r$

Also stunning for its inaccuracies, such as "Plan 9 will not run on a PCI bus",
"The only widely available version [of Plan 9] is for the PC" and a few others.
Actually reading some of the docs would have helped.

He also made the stunning observation to "not install Plan 9 on any machine
you use without full, complete backups."  I would think "any OS" would
substitute nicely for "Plan 9" in this case.

Maybe he should have titled the article, "Help wanted, Plan9 a piece of junk!"

On the other hand, I enjoy that Plan 9 users constitute a bit of an elitist
clique.  Articles like this will help to keep it that way.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-12-01 19:27 UTC | newest]